While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
The Databricks Lakehouse Platform unifies analytics, data engineering, machine learning, and streaming workloads on one simple data platform. The Lakehouse Platform is a transformational platform – one that touches many parts of an enterprise IT organization.
Delta Lake is the foundational layer of the Lakehouse, and is strategic for Databricks. Ensuring market awareness and adoption of Delta Lake and our platform's storage capabilities, are paramount for our growth plans.
You will lead marketing for Delta Lake and storage at Databricks, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing. You will develop and execute a strategy that ensures the Databricks platform is recognized as an enterprise-grade platform that meets the storage needs of enterprises worldwide. You will work with marketing, product management, and field teams to promote Databricks' Delta Lake and storage story, and increase adoption.
The impact you will have:
- Lead the value proposition, messaging, and collateral for Delta Lake and our Lakehouse storage capabilities
- Create a plan to ensure awareness of the enterprise-grade aspects of the Databricks platform, around storage
- Build a partnership with our product management and engineering teams to create a regular rhythm of landing product news and delivering high-impact announcements across the portfolio.
- Work with product management, developer relations, competitive teams, and sales teams to get ahead of storage-oriented concerns as part of the customer journey
- Build trust with decision makers by conveying that the Databricks' storage layer is enterprise-grade through content, programs, and 10 customer stories within the first year
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing or solution marketing for an enterprise software or SaaS company.
- Portfolio of impactful marketing content, sales enablement materials and a history of creating successful marketing programs.
- Experience with enterprise concerns when deploying transformational platforms, including storage offerings
- Experience presenting at conferences/seminars and customer engagements
- Familiarity with how to engage with successful open source projects from a marketing perspective
- BS in Marketing or Computer Science, Engineering, coupled with relevant professional experience
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.