While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is helping companies unlock the potential of their data. In this role you'll lead a team of Customer Success Engineers who guide our customers to accelerate their adoption of the Databricks platform, ensuring customers receive the value anticipated.
This role, reporting to the Director of Customer Success Engineering, will be responsible for growing the team to serve our Communication, Media, and Entertainment customers in North America. You will play a critical role in adoption, customer health, and customer experience, ultimately resulting in positive customer outcomes.
As a member of our Customer Success leadership team, you will advocate for your customers by driving alignment across Customer Success, Sales, Solution Engineering, Renewals, and Product Management. You will also work with the broader team to identify and drive key initiatives, processes, tools, and programs to scale for growth.
The impact you will have:
- Hire, coach, and mentor a team of Customer Success Engineers passionate about helping customers get the most from their investments in Databricks
- Drive value for customers by helping them achieve their business and technical outcomes
- Own a portfolio of customers and drive attainment of targets on growth, value realization, and retention
- Conduct periodic customer health checks to identify risk, and work with your team to create and execute “get well” plans
- Develop thoughtful and strategic playbooks which engage customers at key points in the customer life cycle to drive product adoption and value realization
- Collaborate cross functionally across teams including Customer Success, Sales, Product Management, and Professional Services to ensure customers’ success with focus on adoption, value, and retention
- Drive standardization and consistency by guiding your team to document and maintain accurate and timely customer information in Salesforce and other internal systems
What we look for:
- 7+ years of experience working directly with customers and partners in the data science and machine learning domain, or in the data management space: big data and analytics, data integration, major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 4+ years of people management experience with customer success, technical consulting, professional services , or related customer-facing organization
- Experience working with one of the following industries: Telecom, Media, and Entertainment
- Experience hiring and developing a high performing and highly technical team
- Strong track record of managing a portfolio of customers to drive product adoption, or responsible for delivering complex customer projects
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Travel a couple of times per quarter, or more as the business requires
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.