While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is looking for an experienced corporate attorney to join our growing legal team as Senior Counsel, Corporate and M&A. You will provide support for capital transactions, securities compliance, governance, venture investing, and M&A. You will report to the General Counsel, Corporate & Compliance.
The impact you will have:
- Work with members of the legal team and other partners on corporate matters including regulatory filings, international expansion, and equity administration.
- Provide support for capital markets and other strategic transactions on a global basis, including M&A, corporate venture investments, and corporate financing transactions.
- Help draft and review corporate communications, including earnings releases, press releases, and blog posts.
- Support the General Counsel on a variety of corporate governance matters, including reviewing board and committee materials, monitoring and researching trends and developments in best practices, and drafting and developing corporate governance procedures.
- Help with corporate and equity compliance programs.
- Manage outside legal counsel.
What we look for:
- Law degree and member of a state Bar.
- Corporate, M&A, and securities law experience, including 5 or more years at a large, tech-focused law firm, plus 2 or more years in-house at a tech company.
- Experience leading strategic transactions.
- Good knowledge of corporate and securities laws and regulations.
- Collaborative, enthusiastic team player.
- You have a desire to be part of a dynamic legal team supporting the recognized leader in processing big data in the cloud.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.