While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
This position is for a Senior Billing Analyst focused on addressing billing and collection issues in an efficient and customer-centric manner. This role is integral in creating the best billing experience for Databricks customers while also identifying and driving A/R process improvements. The ideal candidate will be the subject matter expert for their function and a highly effective communicator who is organized, efficient, forward thinking, and able to work autonomously. The candidate will join the A/R Operations team as an individual contributor and report directly to the Sr. Manager, Billing, Credit & Collections.
The impact you will have:
- Process customer billings (recurring, one-time, professional services, and usage) and verify the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of invoices
- Responsible for reviewing and answering billing tickets in Salesforce billing queue promptly to meet SLAs
- Play a key role in projects auto-mating billing functions within Netsuite from Salesforce
- Assist in identifying process improvements and provide guidance to leadership.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries related to billing disputes and ensure they are escalated to the appropriate parties
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements.
- Actively seek solutions to business/customer needs and suggest innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
- Responsible for month-end close activities, A/R Roll Forward, and other account reconciliations
- Assist with quarter-end audit requests
- Upload invoices against POs in vendor portals as needed
- Submit requests for credits to adjust billing or making any adjustments to A/R
- Manage customer portals and ensuring billing is uploaded on a timely basis
- Maintain documentation around A/R processes and policies
- Perform miscellaneous duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is strongly preferred
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability with billing and accounts receivable environment
- Consistent track record of improving process efficiencies, problem solving, and dealing with billing and collection escalations
- Proficient using billing systems, Google Suite, and ticketing platforms (e.g., Zendesk, Salesforce)
- Self-starter, meticulous, team-oriented and comfortable operating under pressure in a high growth, fast paced SaaS environment a plus
- Familiarity of subscription and overage usage billing practices
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Proficient in account reconciliation and knowledge in Excel (pivots, sumifs, vlookups)
- Systems experience in Salesforce, and Netsuite or other major ERP systems
- Knowledge of systems implementation and integrations experience
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.