While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is looking for a motivated Sales Strategy and Operations Manager to join our Sales Strategy team, which is responsible for designing & operationalizing the company's Go-To-Market strategy.
You will be responsible for building and scaling the Financial Services Vertical at Databricks and serve as the trusted advisor to GTM leadership. Responsibilities include managing the development of scalable processes; analyzing data to identify priorities in the business & provide recommendations; supporting day-to-day operations for the business you support; owning the bi-annual planning process; and owning strategic projects for the company. You will partner closely with leadership across Sales, Solution Architects, Finance, Marketing, Partners, Customer Success, and Sales Ops.
The impact you will have:
- Serve as the trusted business partner for the Financial Services leadership team
- Own data-driven analyses to understand the health of the business & provide recommendations to accelerate growth
- Run day-to-day operations for the business (ie, forecast calls, Pipeline Councils, etc.) as well as ongoing analysis of performance
- Develop processes and tools to help the business scale
- Lead executive analyses and strategic planning (e.g. board materials, QBRs, account coverage) for both Financial Services and across the Regulated Industries BU as a whole
- Guide the annual GTM planning process (FY and long-range modeling, investment Return on Investment analysis, HC planning, capacity setting, territory carving)
What we look for:
- 5+ years of professional experience. 3+ years of experience in strategy and operations with a background in investment banking, strategy consulting, FP&A, business operations. You have seen what it takes to support a high-growth top-tier organization
- You will have experience partnering with senior stakeholders across departments
- You love building processes at scale and are familiar with automation. You enjoy designing processes that serve the needs of the company and its employees
- You are technical and fluent in data. Whether it's analyzing data sets with tools like Excel or SQL queries, or creating complex models and prototype tools, data is a core part of your toolkit
- You are proficient in Salesforce reporting and business processes
- Propensity to summarize complex concepts and data and present clear information to executives, teams, and internal customers
- You excel in a collaborative environment. You translate team member needs into clear tasks and deliverables for contributors. You work through dependencies, bottlenecks, and tradeoffs with ease
- Interest and eagerness to be a past of a fast-paced, high-growth team
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.