Databricks is seeking to fill the position of Revenue Analytics Transformation Manager, reporting to the Director of Revenue Transformation & Strategy. As an individual contributor taking a lead role in driving innovation and efficiency at scale, you will be working closely with multiple cross functional teams, including Revenue Operations, Accounting & Assurance, Commercialization, IT, Corporate Operations and FP&A. As the subject matter expert for Revenue, you will use your ability to think critically, collaborating across teams and locations to remove friction for the Finance team by optimizing process and technology improvements. You will develop deep knowledge of financial impacting processes in order to identify and build scalable solutions. You will need to think strategically, build cross functional relationships and apply critical thinking skills to drive results.
The impact you will have:
- Lead Revenue Transformation projects focused on achieving desired goals and benefits, including operational effectiveness, compliance and reporting requirements
- Leverage computer programming skills, finance systems experience, and technical accounting knowledge to automate the calculation of revenue
- Process and analyze large data sets using SQL and Python to calculate material rights, variable consideration, standalone selling price (SSP), allocations, contract modifications, etc. in accordance with ASC 606
- Work autonomously with revenue accounting and cross functional stakeholders to centralize production and business systems data into an automated and near real time datastore, supporting monthly financial activities
- Harness your data extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) skills to create data models, performance metrics, conduct statistical/financial analysis and communicate results to the business
- Analyze key data metrics, as well as thoughtfully identify additional analysis which will support leadership in establishing revenue strategy
- Execute Revenue related aspects of Databricks’ Commercialization process to ensure new product and go to market functions maximize revenue opportunities while complying with GAAP and operational efficiencies
- Identify and recommend creative ideas to improve business operations, business engagement and project delivery
- Collaborate across the organization, including Order to Cash and Revenue stakeholder teams, FP&A, IT, Corporate Operations, Engineering and the Data Team to understand the requirements of your team and ensure execution from project scoping to change management
What we look for:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Finance.
- 6 + years of business experience including 4+ years of accounting experience in revenue or related area, in accordance with a SOX control framework
- Experience working with large datasets with advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, Python and BI tools (Re’Dash, Tableau, etc.). Bonus if you already know Databricks
- Demonstrated expertise in general statistics, forecasting, and general data analytics applications
- Experience using CRM/ERP/Finance applications and data warehouse system
- Advanced problem-solving skills for complex issues with ability to present results in a clear, concise and actionable manner
- Experience with NetSuite, SalesforceCPQ, Financial Force and Salesforce
- Experience in project management approaches and phases of the life cycle, possessing the ability to think strategically as it relates to the detailed aspects of Revenue functions
- Acute business acumen and understanding of ACS 606 Revenue issues and challenges
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.