While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is looking for an Employment & Disputes Paralegal / Legal Assistant to help coordinate and support labor and employment, and litigation matters handled by the Legal Team. You will report to the Managing Associate General Counsel for Employment & Disputes and will have a wide range of responsibilities from managing and streamlining global employment documentation to supporting the development and expansion of Databricks' employment and benefits policies and programs. If you're interested in being part of a small but mighty team, let's chat!
The impact you will have:
- Manage global employment templates, including offer letters, playbooks and other forms;
- Provide drafting support for global employment documents;
- Help draft and maintain global employment policies, and supporting procedures, trainings, internal resources, and team sites;
- Support litigation and disputes, including coordination, scheduling, and document management;
- Provide support to other functions within the Legal Team on an as-needed basis;
- Build productive relationships within the Legal Team and with HR, People Ops, and Finance.
What we look for:
- 2+ years of paralegal or legal assistant experience in an in-house legal department or at a law firm
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in with employment documentation throughout the employee lifecycle
- Experience with litigation support
- Strong Word and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) skills, and familiarity with SaaS applications used be legal teams and tech companies
- High level of professionalism, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.