While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
As a Sales Operations Manager you will join our Sales Strategy and Operations team and report to the Director, Sales Execution. You will directly work on building the foundational technology that supports a consumption oriented sales process.
Being a process transformation leader, you will have an operational background and work with individuals at the team and executive level. You will steer a range of high impact programs, applying the right amount of process governance, technology design, and analytical execution to drive the work in a thoughtful, data-driven manner.
Successful candidates for the role will possess both a strategic business outlook and the keen analytical skills to be able to look at the data and requirements of various strategic initiatives, while understanding the bigger picture and business objectives. We are building a team that is more interested in getting it right than being right.
The impact you will have:
- Design and optimize key processes through analysis of critical current state processes, capturing pain points/gaps, developing future state process flows, and executing developed roadmaps to the desired future state in collaboration with business partners
- Own operationalizing and delivering on the integrity of the future state solution in conjunction with the business partners
- Provide thought leadership on how to execute effectively at both operational and strategic levels
- Find and champion the best creative ideas and move them into implementation through experimentation to find new solutions and approaches to solve problems
- Influences the execution of go to market strategies, including understanding of: long-range solution strategies, interconnections of plans and teams, and the application of new operational technologies and tools.
What we look for:
- 7+ years of business process improvement / business architecture experience
- Deep experience in driving operational excellence in the organization by identifying and executing processes that create efficiency, remove obstacles and improve operational metrics, applying Lean methodologies as needed
- You are technical and fluent in data. Whether it's analyzing data sets with tools like Tableau or SQL queries, or creating complex models and prototype tools, data is a core part of your toolkit.
- You are proficient in Salesforce architecture
- You are not necessarily a developer, but you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with IT to solve highly technical problems
- You excel in a collaborative environment. You translate team member needs into clear tasks and deliverables for contributors. You work through dependencies, bottlenecks, and tradeoffs with ease.
- Demonstrates high EQ, tact, diplomacy, and self awareness. Is able to have courageous difficult discussions, influence and negotiate, navigate productively through conflict, and lead cross functionally at peer level and above to drive decisions forward.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental Wellness Resources
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.