While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is seeking to fill the position of Manager – Revenue Transformation, reporting to the Director of Revenue Transformation & Strategy. As the manager taking a lead role in driving innovation and efficiency at scale, you will be working closely with multiple cross functional teams, including Revenue Operations, Accounting & Assurance , Commercialization, IT, Corporate Operations and FP&A. As the subject matter expert for Revenue, planning, leading, and executing global, cross-functional, enterprise-wide projects that impact the Finance organization should be your passion. The ability to think critically, to plan and execute effectively while collaborating across teams and locations will be key to success in this role. In this role you will remove friction for the Finance team by optimizing process and technology improvements. You will develop deep knowledge of financial impacting processes to identify and build scalable solutions. You will need to think strategically, build cross functional relationships, and apply critical thinking skills to drive results.
The impact you will have
- Lead Revenue Transformation projects focused on achieving desired goals and benefits, including operational effectiveness, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Execute Revenue related aspects of Databricks’ Commercialization process to ensure new product and go to market functions maximize revenue opportunities while complying with GAAP and operational efficiencies
- Analyze key data metrics, as well as thoughtfully identify additional analysis which will support leadership in establishing revenue strategy
- As a detailed oriented Revenue expert, strive towards solution excellence, planning and driving programs to completion.
- For assigned initiatives, lead the process design of current state, capture pain points, define future state, and business/product requirements (BRD)/user stories for new Revenue capabilities as well as enhancements
- Become a trusted partner with key leaders to understand their objectives, processes, and technology roadmaps to develop a Revenue roadmap based on prioritized initiatives
- Key stakeholder on behalf of the Finance team to evaluate, select and secure technology solutions to support short and long term objectives
- Identify and recommend creative ideas to improve business operations, business engagement and project delivery
- Lead process development and improvement discussions to help determine performance metrics
- Proactively manage program risks and develop mitigation strategies to meet the broader organization goals, timelines, and objectives
- Collaborate across the organization, including Order to Cash and Revenue stakeholder teams, FP&A, IT, Corporate Operations, Engineering, and the Data Team to understand the requirements of your team and ensure the team has the resources it needs to succeed from project scoping to change management
- Establish communications cadence to ensure appropriate program governance
- Build and maintain relationships to increase collaboration and productivity
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 6 + years of business experience including 4+ years of accounting experience in revenue or related area, in accordance with a SOX control framework
- Experience in project management approaches and phases of the lifecycle, possessing the ability to think strategically as it relates to the detailed aspects of Revenue functions
- Leadership experience to align project goals with organization and sponsor goals, while managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Experience working with large datasets, utilizing advanced Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc. for ETL and visualization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of ASC 606 Revenue issues and challenges
[Please insert the proper benefits by copying & pasting bullets from this sheet: Databricks Benefits for Job Descriptions. Each country should be posted separately to ensure accurate benefits listing (instructions here).]
Ex. Benefits Section – USA
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.