While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
The Global Sales Compensation Operations & Strategy Manager is a critical role, which will partner cross-functionally to understand, implement and manage business critical projects related to Sales Compensation operations, that support future growth and scale. You will bring deep domain experience in Sales Compensation and related technology, as well as adjacent functions. You will also play a critical role in planning, managing and executing our Sales Compensation program to become best-in-class. You will report to the Director, Global Sales Compensation Operations & Strategy and partner closely with the sales strategy, sales operations, FP&A, Accounting and IT teams to optimize the commissions process and technology. You will apply advanced analytical, problem solving and engage team members across departments in the execution of streamlined sales compensation processes. The ideal candidate is a strong business partner/project leader, a problem solver and is comfortable in challenging the status quo in order to improve and scale the function. You should also have experience partnering with multiple stakeholders and managers to drive cross-functional, enterprise-wide initiatives while keeping a focus on compliance.
The impact you will have:
- Plan, lead (or support) and successfully manage key strategic initiatives in the Sales Compensation department impacting process and technology end to end (new plan implementation, ICM tool optimization and integrations, commission payment process optimization, management reporting, KPIs / metrics, etc.).
- Act as key POC for managed project-related items and establish clear project-related roles and responsibilities within the department.
- Partner with the Systems team to plan Xactly implementation, perform SIT/UAT and support configuration setup.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Plan Design / Analytics, Sales Ops, IT, Finance, HR) to create detailed project plans to accomplish a multilayered Sales Compensation transformation roadmap.
- Guide global program consistency, data input/output quality, develop and track metrics to assess program effectiveness.
- Continually evaluate our Sales Compensation business processes with an eye toward scalability, streamlining, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy and enhanced governance and controls.
- Manage enhancement of sales compensation dashboards, reporting, metrics and analytical insights for strategic decisions as well as visibility for the sales organization.
- Recommend improvements to tools, processes, and existing workflows to improve the efficiency of the department and improve data availability and transparency.
- Identify and implement operational improvements to the monthly commissions process, providing the commissions team with increased transparency into KPIs and metrics to drive continuous improvement in the process.
What we look for:
- 7+ years of experience in end to end sales compensation administration including system setup, plan distribution, crediting and payment calculation, commission statement/reporting, accrual support, audit compliance, etc., ideally with a fast-growing enterprise software company with complex commissions plans
- Experience in end to end commission system (Xactly preferred) implementation and administration including but not limited to defining business requirements, plan configuration/rule writing, data integration, SIT/UAT, workflow management, monthly processing and analytics
- Experience in effective partnership with system vendor and/or system integrator
- Demonstrated ability of continuous improvement projects, processes and system usage
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change
- High level of attention to detail, including the ability to maintain records of projects and program financials, issues, risks, decisions and schedules
- Experience in thinking strategically and acting operationally while managing ambiguity, risk and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Highly adaptable with a mindset to drive success for the team or for the greater good
- An effective business partner who can confidently prioritize and communicate
- Strong organizational, change management, and execution skills, along with the ability to prioritize and drive multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience leading the scaling of processes and systems in high-growth dynamic environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or related field of study
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.