Databricks is looking for a Finance Analyst to join the Sales Finance team in the FP&A organization. You will report to the Finance Manager. The Sales Finance team's primary goal is to help Databricks continue optimizing investment for long-term growth by improving visibility across the business.
You will be a trusted advisor to Sales and Finance leadership, delivering insights and providing recommendations for driving sustainable growth. You will improve forecast reliability, enhance corporate reporting, establish processes, and scale our systems to help grow the business. You will also serve as the liaison between finance, accounting, commission administration and sales operations to find ways to improve, automate, and scale our commission model.
The Impact You Will Have
- Maintain and improve current sales commissions forecast model
- Partner with sales strategy to improve the quota setting and comp plan design process
- Lead variance analyses during month/quarter/year end close
- Prepare monthly/quarterly presentations to give more insights on commission expenses, headcount and various KPIs
- Manage forecast accuracy in Anaplan while seeking improvements to the current system structure
- Develop relationships with important partners across finance, accounting, commission administration and sales operations
- Create training materials for future teammates
What We Look For
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or comparable quantitative field
- 2+ years of finance, investment banking, public accounting, or comparable experience; familiarity with the software industry (and SaaS) a plus
- Expert in Excel & Google sheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets); comfortable managing large datasets and driver-based models
- Familiarity with ERP and planning tools such as Anaplan, Salesforce, Coupa, Netsuite etc.
- SQL knowledge
- Being okay within an ambiguous environment; willing to be resourceful
- Someone who wants to bring themselves to work
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.