This position, reporting to the International Accounting Manager, will play a key role in the daily function of the Accounting department. You will work with other teams, such as FP&A, Procurement, Accounts Payable, and internal business partners to ensure accuracy and timeliness of deliverables. You will be an active contributor to the monthly close process by completing reconciliations of multiple cash and other balance sheet accounts.
You will also be comfortable working with various financial systems and improving processes within the International Accounting function as the company expands and grows.
The impact you will have:
- Compile and prepare entries to general ledger accounts, providing support that is organized, accurate, and descriptive.
- Perform the daily cash reconciliation process for multiple accounts in different currencies for our international subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts, identifying and resolving any differences within the close period. Reconciliations must be organized, accurate, and complete.
- Fulfil all responsibilities, including journal entries, reconciliations, and other assigned tasks, in a timely manner to comply with the close calendar, checklists, and other due dates as assigned.
- Implement and maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with annual local statutory and consolidated audits as well as internal audit and SOX requests
- Perform ad hoc analysis and process improvement projects
What we look for:
- BA, BS Degree with a focus in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Experience with international region local GAAPs and some understanding of US GAAP
- Partnership skills which will allow you to relate to local and remote teams
- Flexibility to work and support teams in different geographic areas
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems
- Operational accounting experience in a rapid-paced, SAAS technology business preferred
- Experience with systems such as Netsuite, Coupa and Expensify preferred
- Private medical, dental and cash refunds for health expenses
- Life, disability and critical illness coverage
- Group personal pension with company contribution
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.