- Full Time
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Expense Specialist to join our fast-growing Travel & Expense team! You will report to the Global Travel & Expense Manager. You will manage a variety of responsibilities including approving and auditing expense reports, providing support and training to employees, creating actionable reporting insights to share with key internal stakeholders, and ensure that our global expense policy, process and systems are equipped to scale alongside our growing organization. .
The impact you will have:
- Enforce adherence to our T&E policy through audit of all employee expense reports and ensure designated requirements are accounted for in a timely manner
- Drive strategy, day-to-day operations, and policies for travel and expense reimbursement
- Monitor accuracy of T&E reporting, including spend categories, to ensure accurate reporting and allocation.
- Develop a monthly reporting package to provide visibility to senior management on spending behaviors across our segments.
- Manage expense systems and integrations with other related platforms to drive effective processes and enhancements.
- Help maintain the Company's travel and entertainment policy. Ensure periodic reviews are performed through coordination with key stakeholders including the Company's Finance and Human Resources teams.
- Be an Expense subject matter expert and a key escalation contact for internal stakeholders and preferred suppliers
- Maintain T&E training documentation for employees. Deliver training periodically to new employees and to broader audiences as required.
- Help with urgent requests by providing meaningful, organized and accurate analysis on an ad-hoc basis.
What we look for:
- 3+ years experience in global expense audit, analysis and reporting
- Expertise in expense tax and liability requirements/rules in EMEA and APAC
- B.S or B.A degree, or business related or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Expensify, Netsuite, Trip Actions, Workday, Coupa, G Suite and Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- A team player, an excellent communicator, appetite for innovation and can build relationships acrozz organizations
- Desire for accuracy, analytics, stellar customer service approach and attention to detail
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.