While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
As we continue to increase our presence in the Unified Data Analytics and AI world, we're looking for a creative, motivated and execution oriented Enterprise Account Executive to sell to the Retail or Mining / Natural Resources segments within Australia / NZ to maximise the huge market opportunity that exists for Databricks today.
Reporting to the Enterprise Sales Director, as an Enterprise Account Executive, you will be experienced in selling to large Enterprise level accounts in the (Retail or Mining Natural Resources) segments. You will come with an informed point of view on Big Data and Advanced Analytics which will guide your successful sales strategy together with both our teams and partners, allowing you to provide value to our biggest and most valued customers.
The impact you will have:
- You will secure new logo's in the (Retail / Mining Natural Resources) vertical.
- You will create and execute a focussed and targeted logo acquisition strategy.
- Expand Databricks use cases in existing and newly won accounts to maximise impact for customers.
- Establish essential C-Level relationships, including Engineering, Platform, Architecture and Data Science roles, who will in turn will be your industry advocates.
- Build value in all engagements to guide successful negotiations.
- Plan, document and drive growth of Databricks usage for your customers.
- Develop a deep and detailed understanding of the customers business.
- Provide leadership to the customer, important staff and technical teams.
- Identify all important data uses cases and buying centres in an opportunity, to increase the impact of Databricks in an organisation.
- Orchestrate and use Databricks teams, and ecosystem partners to maximise the impact on your sales motions.
What we look for:
- 10 or more years experience selling multi million dollar complex software deals to the region's most recognisable organisations within the Retail or Mining/Natural Resources segment.
- Selling experience to the Retail or Mining/Natural Resource segments.
- Knowledge of segment priorities, buying processes, buying cycles, decision-making process and the ecosystem
- Background of selling usage-based SaaS solutions, or other Data/ AI/ML technologies.
- Experience in sales methodologies and process, e.g. account planning, MEDDPICC, value selling and Command of the Message.
- Presentation skills to a customers C-Level, Engineering and Architect roles.
- Experience in hunting in a greenfield space while also consulting with existing accounts to expand further use.
- Build customer champions and collaborative teams to support implementation of expansion plan.
- Understanding of how to develop a clear partner strategy and managing it to success.
- Private hospital plan and extras coverage
- Life, disability and income protection coverage
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Want to help speed the development of medical breakthroughs? Make the next mode of transportation a reality? Or discover ways to reverse climate change? We're on a mission to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. The opportunity is huge and Databricks has emerged as a leader. Thousands of enterprises — including Comcast, Virgin Hyperloop and H&M — already rely on us to power their businesses and we're just getting started. Now it's your turn – join us to grow your career and make an impact with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.