Databricks is hiring a Director, Accounting Strategy and Operations to join our Controller organization as we continue to grow and scale our accounting function. Reporting directly to the VP, Controller you will ensure that our department is well-coordinated and executing efficiently and effectively. This role will require thorough knowledge of various departmental and company processes. As an individual contributor, you will serve as the point person for various transformation initiatives such as shared services, offshoring, system implementations etc. You will partner cross-functionally to define, implement and manage business critical projects, that lay the foundation for future growth and scale and help create a best-in-class Accounting organization. You must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the department’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
What you will do
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of various accounting functions according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Lead strategic projects, through analytical, fact-based decision making, interfacing with key personnel and identifying automation and enhancement opportunities that drive efficiencies
- Collaborate with the leadership across the entire Accounting and cross functional organizations to achieve the company’s goals including bringing insights and ideas to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the function
- Manage implementation efforts for Accounting Shared Services, including aligning policies and procedures and implementing best practices. Create and execute a clear strategy for the Shared Services activities that delivers high quality, effective services to all external and internal customers.
- Establish KPI’s to monitor shared service performance and ensure appropriate service is provided to the business
- Responsible for QBRs and updates
- Help to create/facilitate communication channels, strategies and tactics that support our OKRs
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders within the organization to generate proper levels of awareness and adoption of the team’s objectives and goals
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or related field. CPA or related business experience required
- 10+ years demonstrated experience with the ability and track record of success in driving change and improving operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize competing priorities in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize complex unstructured information rapidly and develop insights and recommendation
- Must have a proven track record to follow through on complex projects from inception to implementation
- Possess the ability to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders and partners across all levels of the organization
- Be an effective communicator across all organizational levels, functions and regions
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality, and integrity
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.