As a Digital Content Writer, you will play an integral role in setting Databricks customers up for success through scalable user journeys and content. You will be a key member of the User Engagement team.
The mission of the User Engagement team is to drive long-term value and success for Databricks customers by orchestrating exceptional and scalable engagements throughout a customer’s lifecycle.
We work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems and our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. In this role, you will create easy-to-understand, inspiring user journeys that help every end user find success with Databricks. User journeys might include, but are not limited to emails, in-app messages, newsletters, best practice guides, landing pages for webinars and workshops, and other resources.
The goal is to help our customers become successful and enthusiastic Databricks champions. You’ll help this through cross-functional collaboration.
The impact you will have
- Drive user engagement and retention through scalable content
- Empower users at scale by writing simple and engaging technical emails, in-app messages, and self-serve materials such as web pages and best practice guides, while working within brand guidelines
- Coordinate, propose and develop engagement messaging and review cycles with cross-functional teams
- Represent the product and help grow the user base with high impact messaging
- Update and maintain the editorial calendar in coordination with the Marketing Operations team to limit the risk of over-communicating to end users
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure messaging consistency and orchestrate the next best story arc through out-of-product and in-product messages
- Perform necessary updates to existing messages, taking into consideration message results and new company messaging, product updates and resources
- Own the development and maintenance of team processes and templates for scalable efficiency
- Deliver best-in-class user journeys and represent the voice of our users
- Collaborate with content Creators, Marketing Automation specialists, CS and Sales Operations on enhancing engagement messages based on user interaction
- Maintain knowledge of tracking, scoring, and attribution for inbound channels that are acquiring leads into the database.
What we look for
- 3-5 years of B2B work experience in communications, project management, customer success
- Experience in copywriting for a technical product, data and AI experience preferred
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent business writing, story-telling, editing and content development skills for technical content
- Understanding of topics related to big data engineering such as data streaming, pipeline optimization, deployment, and data security with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong project manager with ability to push past barriers to execute tasks on time
- Positive contributor to team and company culture
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.