At Databricks, we work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems and our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. Customer Success Engineers at Databricks serve as the trusted technical advisors for our customers. They create value, offer advice, and grow accounts. A Customer Success Engineer will lead technical discussions with data scientists and engineers and then demonstrate the value of Databricks in business discussions with company executives. The goal is to help our customers to become successful and enthusiastic Databricks champions.
You will work directly with customers and leaders on their Data and AI strategy and the execution, thereof in partnership with our internal Business, Sales, Marketing, Field Engineering, Product Engineering, Product Management and wider Customer Success teams. You will assist our customers with tailor-made programs that fit their needs and ensure that we achieve our business and customer success goals. You will directly report to the Manager, Customer Success Engineering.
The impact you will have:
- You will manage the entire relationship with our customers throughout their journey (from onboarding through adoption to growth and expansion) with Databricks
- You will nurture and cultivate strategic relationships at senior and executive levels within our customers and be the contact between our customers and wider Databricks teams
- You will operate as a strategic partner who is integrated into our sales teams to support goals, strategies, plans and actions based on a mutual success plan
- You will advise our customers as a technical expert on how best to realise their Data and AI business use cases using the Databricks portfolio of products by having a regular schedule (around enablement, product features and roadmap, executive briefings, QBR's, escalation management)
- You will partner with the technical support team to ensure that all support tickets are resolved within each customers service level agreement and manage any customer escalations
- You will focus on achieving the targets on renewal rates, customer satisfaction, expansions, upsells and new opportunities in the assigned accounts
What we look for:
- 4 years of experience working in customer-facing technical roles in Customer Success, Consulting or related discipline (Candidates who are more senior will be considered for a more senior role)
- Proficient with coding languages: Python, R, SQL, Spark or Scala
- Ability to develop simple Spark notebooks to analyze customer usage data
- Experience at a SaaS-company and with cloud architectures
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, data science or business administration field
- 20 – 30% travel will be required
- Private medical, dental and optical
- Life, accident, disability and critical illness coverage
- Central Provident Fund for local nationals
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.