At Databricks we work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems and our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. Customer Success Engineers at Databricks serve as the trusted technical advisors for our customers. They create value, offer advice, and grow accounts. A Customer Success Engineer must lead technical discussions with data scientists and engineers and then demonstrate the value of Databricks in business discussions with company executives. The goal is to help our customers to become successful and enthusiastic Databricks champions.
You will work directly with customers and leaders on their Data and AI strategy and the execution, thereof in partnership with our internal Business, Sales, Marketing, Field Engineering, Product Engineering, Product Management and wider Customer Success teams. You will assist our customers with tailor-made programs that fit their needs and ensure that we achieve our business and customer success goals. You will directly report to the regional Customer Success lead.
The impact you will have:
- You will manage the entire relationship with our customers throughout their journey (from onboarding through adoption to growth and expansion) with Databricks
- You will nurture and cultivate strategic relationships at senior and executive levels within our customers and be the contact between our customers and wider Databricks teams
- You will operate as a strategic partner who is integrated into our sales teams to support goals, strategies, plans and actions based on a mutual success plan
- You will advise our customers as a technical expert on how best to realise their Data and AI business use cases using the Databricks portfolio of products by having a regular schedule (around enablement, product features and roadmap, executive briefings, QBR's, escalation management)
- You will partner with the technical support team to ensure that all support tickets are resolved within each customers service level agreement and manage any customer escalations
- You will focus on achieving the targets on renewal rates, customer satisfaction, expansions, upsells and new opportunities in the assigned accounts
What we look for:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in customer-facing technical roles
- At least 4 years of experience building customer relationships and managing executive relationships
- Minimum of 4 years of experience at a SaaS-company and with cloud architectures
- Languages: Python, R, SQL, Spark or Scala
- Develop simple Spark notebooks to analyze customer usage data
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, data science or business administration field
- 20 – 30% travel will be required – dependent on Corona situation
- Private medical, dental and cash refunds for health expenses
- Life, disability and critical illness coverage
- Group personal pension with company contribution
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
Want to help speed the development of medical breakthroughs? Make the next mode of transportation a reality? Or discover ways to reverse climate change? We're on a mission to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. The opportunity is huge and Databricks has emerged as a leader. Thousands of enterprises — including Comcast, Virgin Hyperloop and H&M — already rely on us to power their businesses and we're just getting started. Now it's your turn – join us to grow your career and make an impact with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.