While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
At Databricks, we are passionate about helping data teams solve the world's most challenging problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business.
At Databricks Information Technology (IT), we are a product-led organization transforming the way we work from how easy it is to use our IT services to the applications we develop that help us scale seamlessly in the face of incredible growth.
You are a puzzle-solver who turns data into solutions and insights. As a technical lead, you'll focus on the sales commission function leading the strategy formulation through to design, development and the deployment of sales comp/commission solutions. You will own and manage all aspects of the sales compensation systems and processes. You will partner with Sales Operations, Commissions, Business Intelligence, Finance, IT and other partners to produce accurate and timely commissions information. This includes developing data specifications, ownership and system configurations. You will report directly to the VP, Financial Systems as part of the CIO's org.
The impact you will have:
- Understand our current commissions systems and processes
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our commissions systems and processes with attention on scalability and accuracy
- Build relationships with our internal teams
- Become the “go to” person for commissions processes, set goals, lead programs and report on results
What we look for:
- 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree
- Techno functional commissions expertise
- Knowledge of systems configuration and process design
- Business requirements analysis skills
- and architect and implement solutions that are robust and scalable covering the end to end processes/data/systems
- Hands-on configuration experience and knowledge of commissions systems such as Xactly is a big plus
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining enterprise level sales commission systems
- Working knowledge of sales commission plans and compensation processes
- Understanding of the SDLC including Design, Build, QA, UAT and Support
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.