While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our fast-growing Accounting team! You will report to the Senior Manager of US Accounting and be an important player in the close process through the review of workpapers, along with analyzing and improving processes for close efficiency and accuracy. You will also support quarterly reviews, the annual audit, system integrations, and internal reporting all while partnering with teams within Accounting, FP&A and Procurement.
The impact you will have:
- Mentor and oversee accounting staff, leading the coordination of the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting activities
- Review monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and accounting analysis for cash, fixed assets, prepaids, AP, accruals, and equity
- Review monthly fluctuation analysis for operating expenses
- Partner with FP&A and AP on monthly close matters, such as for accruals and quarterly cash flow reporting
- Prepare and review support to be provided to external audit team
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce the time to close and improve the accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Support SOX compliance over the financial statement close cycle
- Perform special projects and financial analysis as needed
What we look for:
- 3+ years of public accounting and 3+ years of industry experience
- A certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Deep understanding of GAAP and how to apply accounting rules across multiple processes and systems
- Industry experience in start-ups, technology, software, SaaS & Big Four/public accounting
- Execution focused and deadline driven in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to take responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Experience with managing people with a track record for coaching and development
- Experience with a host of accounting software suites (NetSuite, Coupa, FloQast, Expensify)
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.