Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with more than 100 million registered learners. Coursera partners with 275+ leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As a Student Recruitment Advisor, you will be part of the Enrollment Services Team, enabling us to achieve successful recruitment cycles and achieve cohort goals for university degrees that are hosted on the Coursera platform. This position is primarily responsible for communicating with English-speaking prospective degree students in local and international markets via phone, email, chat and other tools to move them through the enrollment process. As a Student Recruitment Advisor, you will be the main point of contact for assigned prospective students who demonstrate interest in any of our hosted online degree programs. We are looking for someone who can maintain a high level of professionalism, implement our call road map and outreach strategy, and be excited about helping students reach their professional and academic goals.
You will have a direct impact on the growth and success of degree programs hosted on the Coursera platform and will help shape the future of higher education. The right candidate will feel comfortable working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team and collaboration. This is a full-time, remote role. The position requires flexibility to work across multiple time zones and will primarily work with English-speaking prospective students.
- Provide excellent consultative service to a high volume prospective student pool through phone, email, chat, and other tools throughout the full enrollment process
- Follow up with prospects and applicants by phone and written correspondence, ensuring they are moving through the process in a timely manner
- Use existing information and guidance from university partners to develop program playbooks, chat and calling scripts for individual degree programs
- Participate in experiments to develop scaled communication strategy and demonstrate impact of nurture efforts
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of current higher education trends, practices, and policies in the local market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with potential students while providing guidance with the application process, addressing concerns, and assisting with enrollment decisions
- Expertise in utilizing creative problem-solving skills to overcome any obstacles while guiding potential students through the university recruitment process prior to university admission decisions
- Language requirements: English
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Working knowledge of EMEA higher education market, trends, and practices
- Prior experience in student recruitment or admissions
- Language Preference: Must have fluent English. French or Spanish would be desirable.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Sales Training: Building Your Sales Career
- Salesforce Fundamentals
- Getting Started with Google Workspace