Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Engage with a small set of high priority, strategic B2B partners, specifically Human Resource (HR Tech) players. Directly manage the ongoing relationship with these partners, including their current integrations. Understand their business needs and goals. Develop effective integration pathways to drive value for Coursera and its customers. Proactively educate partners on the features and functionality of Coursera’s product so they can self-manage while maximizing their use of our products. Support cross-functional stakeholders – specifically, Business Development (BD) team members – in scoping and securing new commitments from new and existing players in the HR Tech space.
- Create and nurture relationships with HRTech players to expand Coursera’s integration ecosystem
- Work with Product leadership to develop an overall platform strategy to leverage technology partners
- Collaborate with Demand Gen, Sales, Solutions Architects, Customer Success & Product Marketing to refine processes on how to bring partners into sales opportunities and develop new processes when required
- Continue to enhance strong relationships with our current technology partners to understand their strategic priorities and identify marketing opportunities that might emerge as part of their go-to-market strategy and initiatives
- Engage with the Coursera development teams to guide roadmap decisions and communicate customer requirements.
- Key Outcome Examples: Increase monthly active learners (MALs) by enhancing existing integrations and launching net new HRTech integrations (e.g LMS, LXP, HCM, ATS)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or Mathematics, related quantitative subject area, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in business development, product management, and/or technical program management
- Technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical design, challenges, and risks
- Ability to influence, empower, and align stakeholders across a broad variety of functions
- Knowledge of the Enterprise HRTech ecosystem – e.g. Learning Management System, Human Capital Management, Applicant Tracking Systems
- Ability to build and foster the strategic partnerships with HRTech players
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), executive presence and ability to lead through influence
- Experience with setting up API based ecosystem partnerships and partnering with product and engineering organizations to drive meaningful outcomes for customers and end users
- Self-motivated with ability to think outside the box and create business value through strategic partnerships
- MBA or equivalent
- Experience working with APIs and integrations in a prior role
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Foundations of Business Strategy – University of Virginia
- Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills – University of Michigan
- Strategic Business Analytics – ESSEC Business School