Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera's Product Management Team is growing rapidly and looking for a Senior Product Manager, Core Platform (B2B). In this role, you will lead our efforts to improve the satisfaction and efficiency for 200+ university partners and 100+ industry partners by ensuring a delightful onboarding experience, quickly accessing their jobs-to-be-done, and creating and managing their learning product offerings. You will set a vision for how we create an intuitive and powerful platform experience for a wide range of content authors, graders and admins on Coursera. Since content powers all the business lines at Coursera, you will have a direct impact on driving revenue growth by enabling educators to create more content products and helping them measure and manage their impact. You will own features like educator onboarding, the educator home & navigation experience, user management, and learning product creation & administration.
- Drive short-term and long-term product vision. Create product strategy and translate strategy into actionable roadmaps and requirements. Align internal and external stakeholders on priorities and roadmap.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams of data scientists, designers and engineers and stakeholders to build highly leveraged platform foundations and product features
- Understand external customer jobs to be done and internal stakeholder business priorities that rely on core content and authoring to build or enhance product features
- Determine learner and educator needs by evaluating data, gathering feedback, and conducting research.
- Ship impactful product features on time and in scope through solid execution and making smart tradeoffs in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment involving close collaboration with engineering, design, research, data, services, marketing, and sales teams.
- Ensure successful product launches with go-to-market activities and post-launch analysis to inform future product direction
- 4+ years of product management or relevant experience.
- Technical background and/or empathy for engineers, and strong communication skills
- Experience in building well-designed products that solve real-world user needs and deliver significant business impact.
- Direct experience in scaling platform-level capabilities that serve multiple use cases
- Has worked in highly cross-functional projects with the ability to align disparate stakeholders and set realistic expectations amongst competing priorities
- Business analytical and structured thinking. Data-driven with a strong focus on achieving engagement, loyalty, conversions, and growth through planning and experimentation.
- Experience shipping enterprise products or services.
- Prior domain experience in education, online learning, or similar fields.
- Prior experience in building products for educators or content creators on a platform or marketplace.