Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
At Coursera, communication serves as a tool for collaboration, alignment, clarity, and pride. We’re looking for a creative, strategic, and experienced Senior Internal Communications Manager to manage the strategy and execution of our internal communications strategy. You’ll work closely with senior executives, our People team, and stakeholders across Coursera to set the employee comms agenda. Your work will help more than 1,000 employees navigate the company with confidence so they can be powerful advocates for our mission. In this highly visible and influential role, you will build efficient communication plans and channels to promote awareness, engagement, and alignment as we continue to scale our teams worldwide. This role will also support internal and external employer branding efforts that promote Coursera as a great place to work.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating strategic internal communications and a track record of packaging complex business, HR, and product initiatives into inspiring narratives that inspire a diverse group of employees worldwide. Collaboration and the ability to influence cross-functional teams is important as this role requires interaction with every part of the business.
- Produce and host company-wide meetings and events (such as All Hands meetings, town halls, and “Ask Me Anything” events) that promote trust, confidence, and engagement
- Develop an internal communications strategy that empowers Coursera employees to be productive, build community, and drive results
- Collaborate with executives to communicate proactively and reactively about issues and initiatives that impact employees
- Write internal narratives and messaging about Coursera’s mission and impact, product innovation, and HR offerings
- Strengthen and re-imagine how we leverage multiple channels and tools to support remote work and asynchronous collaboration
- Work with PR team to grow Coursera’s reputation as a great place to work
- 7+ of experience running internal communications or strategic communications in fast-growing companies
- Experience advising senior management on employee sentiment and internal comms imperatives
- Demonstrated history translating complex topics into simple and compelling messages with proven writing skills
- Experience producing communications across a variety of channels
- Experience in managing communications tools such as Zoom, Slido, Nova (or equivalent intranet), and Slack
- Prior success planning and executing virtual events. Virtual production experience is a plus.
- Experience working at a public company. Edtech industry experience a plus.
- Experience working with People Operations (HR) or change communications
- Experience leading intranet implementation, governance, content strategy, and adoption
- Experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) communications
- English Major or an equivalent
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling
- Influencing: Storytelling, Change Management and Governance Specialization
- Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age