Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera’s Enterprise Marketing and Sales Development team connects businesses, universities, and governments with our world-class learning products, content, and solutions. The Enterprise Sales Development team plays an essential role in accelerating the growth and market share of the Enterprise Business globally with innovative marketing programs to land, and expand relationships across all segments.
As the global leader for Sales Development, you’ll play an integral role as a key member of the Enterprise leadership and Marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will lead a highly motivated team of Sales Development Representatives (SDR) responsible for fueling the sales pipeline driven by new customers and cross-sell/upsell opportunities from existing customers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have an ability to shape and build a comprehensive SDR strategy and plan aligned with business goals, expert communication, collaboration, influence, and ability to inspire team members to achieve targets.
The ideal candidate will have global leadership experience, be data-driven, and collaborate effectively with partners. If you are excited by the fast pace of building a global business that is having an impact on the world, we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead a global SDR team responsible for inbound and outbound prospecting and interaction with companies via cold calling, email, and marketing campaigns with the goal of consistently generating qualified sales accepted leads to fuel new business and expansion opportunities from existing customers across all business segments.
- Analyze pipeline data in SFDC including tracking, MQLs, SQLs, SALs, pipe progression and closed-won opportunities. Make business decisions based on data to allocate resources and create programs to achieve goals. Manage, track, and report on activities and results using various data sources. Accountable for accurate forecast monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Lead hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, and development of a team across business segments in the Americas, APAC, and EMEA. Motivate managers and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, communication of results, and creative incentives.
- Conduct workforce planning and productivity reviews. Manage capacity planning and career progression in partnership with Revenue Operations, Talent Acquisition, and People teams. Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive appointment setting for new business, inbound lead qualification process
- Create an open and inclusive environment, build a motivated team, and results-driven culture of accountability and transparency.
- 15+ years experience scaling global SDR organizations in fast growth Enterprise SaaS environment
- 7+ years of sales development management experience or similar experience management experience
- Highly collaborative and true team player (we before me) with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Executive presence and engagement skills
- Analytical skills and ability to leverage data to make business cases and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have built and led SDR organizations with over 60 individual contributors
- You have a proven record of sales success and possess strong collaboration and communication skills
- You identify and communicate organizational roadblocks and are able to work around them
- You have a robust Salesforce.com analysis and reporting skill set and have detailed knowledge of SaaS tech stack including sourcing, prospecting, and outreach technologies
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- Proven experience helping build/scale businesses
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Groundwork for Success in Sales Development
- Boosting Productivity through the Tech Stack
- Conversational Selling Playbook