Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Sales Development Team is a critical component of our growth plan. All inbound and outbound engagement with prospective customers starts with the SDR team. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will be responsible for qualifying leads for our sales team and outbound prospecting into Account Executive named accounts. You will work closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure we operate as a seamless organization to build our pipeline of business.
The ideal individual will have experience with enterprise sales/partnerships and be interested in working for a social enterprise. Your knowledge of edtech, and enterprise learning combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities, will shape Coursera’s campus business to help us provide more access to education globally.
- Build a pipeline of leads for the sales team by qualifying inbound inquiries and reaching out to high-potential prospects.
- Conduct effective discovery and qualification conversations with prospects through your deep understanding of our product value proposition and use cases.
- Develop creative strategies for engaging and nurturing prospects using content, email, phone, social media and other strategies
- Partner closely with members of the sales and marketing teams to coordinate engagement strategies and improving processes
- Use your frontline knowledge of customer needs to educate the broader team on learnings and opportunities
- A degree or professional experience
- 1+ years of experience as an SDR working with government agencies
- Experience with sales and or marketing tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, Marketo
- Comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications and listening skills
- Experience with high volume request and excellent time management skills
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $59,500 and $80,500 for all US candidates. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.