Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. In this role, you will be supporting the Coursera for Government sector of the Enterprise Solutions team. As part of our team, you will play a key role in increasing access to world-class education for government agencies and the people they serve. Specifically, this role will focus on mid-market opportunities within the government sector.
Successful candidates will be passionate, entrepreneurial sales professionals who will prospect, develop, and close partnerships with mid-size government and not-for-profit organizations in North America, including federal, state and local government agencies. You should have experience with enterprise sales/partnerships in the public sector, and be interested in working for a social enterprise with a mission to help people reach their full potential through access to the world’s best education.
- Prospect new mid-market Public Sector/Government opportunities in alignment with Coursera’s high-level strategic priorities
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends and data-driven insights to consult and engage prospective customers
- Develop and execute on sales targets, hitting (and exceeding) revenue/growth goals and sharing learning across the organization.
- Partner with enterprise account executives on larger expansion opportunities and/or operational support
- 1+ years of experience in a revenue-closing sales role
- 2+ years of experience in a revenue-closing sales role with a focus on or, at minimum, exposure to the Public Sector
- A record of past achievement including exceeding sales targets
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in this space
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: