Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Financial management is crucial to the performance and success of any company. The roles and responsibilities of the Coursera Finance team include accounting, financial reporting, analysis, planning, budgeting, and compliance. Problem solvers at heart, this team works to fuel Coursera’s growth by developing creative solutions in response to accounting and finance challenges.
As a Stock Plan Administrator, you will assist in the day-to-day administration of our global employee equity programs, including equity grants, option exercises, RSU releases, ESPP and more. You will partner with key stakeholders in our Finance, Accounting, Legal and HR teams to answer employee inquiries, improve processes, implement controls and provide reporting as needed. You will also work directly with external auditors and third party vendors. This position will report to the Stock Administration Manager.
- Assist in transaction processing (option exercises, RSU releases, ESPP purchases and grants) using ETrade’s EquityEdge Online system
- Assist with aspects of our global equity programs and coordinate with Finance, HR, Tax and Payroll teams, providing accurate and timely information regarding equity transactions
- Provide information for financial statement footnote disclosures, reconcile common stock, additional paid in capital, and related employee taxes; prepare monthly and quarterly equity roll forward
- Prepare Section 16 reports (Forms 3, 4 and 5) with the SEC
- Provide regular communication to employees regarding equity programs, resolving questions, issues or concerns to support employee understanding of equity awards and company programs and policies
- Ensure SOX compliance and controls on all aspects of the equity plan including documentation, testing and audit support
- Work with transfer agent for timely DWAC and reconciliation of shares
- 2+ years of experience in stock plan administration, including experience working at a public company
- Experience with Equity Edge/ETrade (Equity System) and direct experience processing equity transactions
- Experience with ESPP
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Accounting and stock compensation expense background
- Certified equity professional preferred
- System implementation and integrations experience preferred
- Experience with global equity plans and supporting an equity administration system
- Experience with international equity management
- Experience with Form filings (Form 3, 4, and 5)
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: