Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with more than 100 million registered learners. Coursera partners with 275+ leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The University partnerships team is responsible to source, grow and retain the best possible content and programs for our learners from 175+ of the best universities worldwide. This requires us to build strong and long-lasting relationships with our partners and to work closely with them to define and execute their strategy.
As part of the team, you will build and manage a portfolio of universities, build trusting relationships at the most senior levels of partner institutions, proactively understand partners’ context and concerns, and help Coursera leverage partnerships to achieve its goals.
You will be accountable for quarterly and yearly revenue goals, as well as pipeline management and growth goals across a portfolio of globally top-ranked University Partners. This role will manage a team of University Partnership Managers, as well as oversee a cross-functional team including Marketing, Enrollment, Services, and Business Development to create value for learners, partners and Coursera.
You anticipate how decisions will be made at Universities, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Coursera's key partners, and understand how our range of online offerings on Coursera can grow their impact.
Your work will require you to understand the EdTech / Higher Ed industry and the complexities of the university structure. You will interface, with executive presence, with a range of stakeholders from senior leadership to instructors and program managers. Central to your work is the ability to demonstrate and ensure Coursera’s value to the institution while shaping a strategy for the partnership that drives long-term engagement.
- Grow revenue: Create and execute portfolio strategy including oversight of new degree and certificate sourcing, expansion of the portfolio revenue through existing degree and certificate upsells, cohort expansion, degree enrollment, overseeing the sourcing of non-credentialed content, and contract renewals.
- Partner success: Understand partner goals and ensure partner success, including expanding relationship into new partner domains, growing existing revenue, mitigating risks, resolving issues (operational, relationship,etc.). Lead executive partnership reviews with senior leadership.
- Relationships: Influence and inspire partners by engaging with university stakeholders at all levels including: deans, administrators, and provosts. Invest in senior roles within partner institutions to ensure joint goals are met, including revenue targets, growth, and satisfaction.
- Leadership: Build, train and lead a high performing team of University Partnership Manager. Influence and align cross-functional teams to efficiently deliver partner goals and inspire teams to deliver success.
- Strategic initiatives: Drive adoption of strategic initiatives by developing campus-wide digital strategies, identifying business opportunities, and shaping solutions.
- Distribution: Help drive enrollments across various consumer and enterprise channels by working with cross-functional Coursera teams on value proposition, positioning, pricing, cohort targets, and marketing of your portfolio’s content.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in client facing role managing complex relationships (Business Development, Consulting, University Partnership Managers, Higher Ed, Digital and Online Programs)
- Demonstrated experience to build and grow a portfolio of accounts and achieving revenue growth targets
- 3+ years people management experience
- Proven experience building relationships with top decision makers at higher education organizations or similar industries
- Strategic thinker with the ability to design and execute high-leverage action plans, comfortable taking a hypothesis-driven approach with complex or conflicting data
- Perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- Higher Ed experience and a passion for Coursera’s mission, building trusted relationships, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality content to learners around the world
- MBA or Graduate Degree