Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
At Coursera, the Enterprise Team has the ambitious vision of building of transforming talent at the world’s leading companies, universities, and global governments through upskilling and reskilling their workforces. Through innovative engagements with enterprise partners, we empower learners around the world to land their next job or promotion, and more broadly reduce unemployment, provide pathways to jobs, and improve economies.
As a critical early member of our Governments team, you will be responsible for developing and closing partnerships with some of the largest government organizations in the world. Drawing on your superior strategic thinking and communication abilities, and creative deal-making skills, you will be critical in shaping Coursera’s international government work, as well as more broadly impact the way that governments train their employees and citizens.
- Prospect, develop, and close national-level strategic opportunities in alignment with Coursera’s high-level strategic priorities and mission
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends and data-driven insights to consult and support prospective governments to upskill their workforces; this may include identifying opportunities for collaboration and improvement in potential customers’ training/L&D strategies
- Be the voice of Coursera’s public sector partners, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis to inform team decision making, product and content
- 5+ years public sector experience in the government, non-profit, foundation, consulting, international development, or workforce development space.
- A record of past achievement in spearheading new strategic initiatives, tackling large, complex projects and managing senior-level external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: