At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare is looking for a strategic and data driven Vice President, Revenue Operations & Strategy to lead our Global GTM strategy, systems and operations teams. This includes and is not limited to; revenue forecasting, team planning, customer growth/retention strategies and operational efficiencies. You understand and have experience leading and managing the full end-to-end journey of our customers as well as defining the strategy and success metrics for Sales, Partners and Customer Success organizations. You are a leader who has experienced hyper-growth and the challenges that come along with it and have worked closely with Executive teams in driving overall company success.
About the role
Our Revenue Operations & Strategy team is responsible for overall productivity and effectiveness of the revenue organization, partnering closely with the GTM team and teams across Cloudflare to drive initiatives and growth. We're looking for an experienced GTM Operations Leader to scale Cloudflare’s next phase of growth beyond $1B in revenue. This leader will augment our existing sales motions by challenging assumptions and influencing cross-functional stakeholders to develop and execute a winning GTM strategy that scales as we embark on this next phase in our journey.
- Drive GTM strategies across all customer segments and Partner/Channel sales motions; collaborating cross-functionally to ensure sales, marketing and customer experience processes for each segment are efficient, aligned and following best in class practices
- Own and set the vision for the RevenueOps function, fostering a culture of collaboration and data-driven decision making, prioritizing an achievable roadmap for each team
- Lead projects ranging from GTM health and overall progress, process definition and refinement, systems implementation, data infrastructure and value-added analytics
- Provide GTM team operational support, including but not limited to annual and quarterly planning, forecasting, pipeline management, quota & territory management, headcount and capacity management, compensation planning & management, account and opportunity management, lead routing, data hygiene and enrichment, customer health measurement, contract management and reporting and renewal workflows.
- Ensure the integrity of data and data flows in GTM systems such as Salesforce, Gainsight etc and other sales and marketing support tools and how they interact with our other systems
- Support executive sales leadership in the understanding of pipeline, forecasts, retention, and other KPIs to maximize new logo acquisition and net dollar retention
- 12+ years of relevant experience in revenue operations, sales operations and/or strategic sales roles for high growth SaaS products including several years as a manager of senior leaders
- Proven experience building a scalable Revenue Operations strategy for companies above $1B in annual revenue
- Strong Executive presence and ability to influence and work cross functionally
- Comfortable working closely and building relationships with C-Level executives
- Experience analyzing marketing, sales and customer data
- Expert in the Salesforce ecosystem and GTM tools like Marketo or Outreach & customer experience platforms like Gainsight and/or Totango
- Established history of driving multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment
- Strong quantitative skills and are highly data fluent – you’re able to develop and communicate penetrating insights that inform how we organize and scale our revenue teams
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.