At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Cloudflare is seeking a Technical Accountant to join our Technical Accounting team. Our team consists of experienced, motivated, and self-sufficient high performers. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, ASC 842 knowledge, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
What you’ll do
- Review and analyze contracts for embedded leases in accordance with ASC 842, and account for new and changes to existing lease agreements in accordance with US GAAP
- Responsible for month-end financial reporting and accounting tasks, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reports for Lease related accounts
- Responsible for monthly colocation accrual and ap clearing analysis for lease and non-lease billings and expense
- Responsible for quarter-end financial reporting and accounting tasks, including the preparation of lease related footnote disclosures and work papers
- Assist in the automation of the US accounting process for ASC 842 using Alteryx
- Work cross functionally with Facilities, Infrastructure, FP&A, and Tax teams
- Providing detail support to the outside auditors and other consultants
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, with 1+ years in a role focused on lease accounting and/or technical accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-
- check work.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and accounting guidance
- Track record of working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to respond to internal requests for support and assistance in a prompt and professional manner
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Strong time management, problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work in office in accordance with current legislation
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- Prior experience with LeaseAccelerator
- Prior experience working in NetSuite
- Prior experience with Alteryx
- Prior experience with Google Apps and other cloud computing applications
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.