At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
The Supportability Team is made up of product experts who partner with Product and Support leaders to reduce the friction our customers experience while using our products and ensure that our Technical Support Engineers are prepared to support all our products. We are the eyes and ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs and real-world use cases back to the rest of the company to help us build more supportable products and deliver better service.
What you’ll do
The Supportability Program Manager is a senior position that liaises between Customer Support and the Product and Engineering teams. Supportability Program Managers are subject matter experts in specific Cloudflare products. Their goals are to improve product supportability, reduce customer contact rates and escalations, and to improve the customer and support agent experience. They are also responsible for supporting new release Support-readiness for any new features related to their focus area, including content and enablement. They may act as an additional escalation resource for complex customer issues for their specific Product lines.
- Regularly meet with the Product and Engineering teams
- Manage key supportability metrics for specific products including contact rate, escalation rate, and product CSAT.
- Manage a top issues tracker for specific products
- Using a metrics-driven approach, work with Product and Engineering to advocate for product or content improvements needed to improve supportability
- Influence Product design and road map for optimal customer experience, and to help drive product adoption
- Work with the GTM Program Manager on Support-readiness efforts, monitoring Product roadmaps and release schedules
- Help enable trainees in SME areas, as needed
- Support the creation and maintenance of internal and external facing Support content
- Review escalated customer inquiries to identify product and content needs, and to help Escalation Engineers, Product and Engineering teams resolve complex customer issues
- Maintain Product testing and issue reproduction environments
- 5+ years Technical Support or Product Operations experience.
- Expertise in 2 or more Cloudflare Product lines.
- Technical Documentation / Content Development
- Project and change management
- Troubleshooting complex issues to resolution
- Setting up virtual environments, web servers, and basic web development
- Self-motivated, can positively influence others, team player, problem solver (not just “pointer-outer”)
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location. For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $100,000 – $155,000.
[Commissions: If applicable include this line:] This role is eligible to earn incentive compensation under Cloudflare’s Sales Compensation Plan. The estimated annual salary range in Colorado includes the on-target incentive compensation that may be attained in this role under the Sales Compensation Plan.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.