- Full Time
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is growing our IT Enterprise Applications Team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare and then allowing them to do their best work. As we continue to build out our IT team, we are looking for a trusted partner to help drive large scale HR system solutions that make the People team and our Finance partners more efficient, effective and productive. We are in the early stages of building out system infrastructure that will help Cloudflare scale thoughtfully and this is a great opportunity to shape the strategic direction of our tools roadmap and see a tremendous amount of impact from your work.
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced HR Systems Manager to build a new IT applications team at Cloudflare. This person will be primarily responsible for driving the People tech stack strategy and overseeing the operation process of HR process deployment while driving towards the identified business goals and metrics. The successful candidate will provide structure & leadership to business processes, technical solutions while overseeing the delivery of projects, and ensuring internal stakeholder satisfaction.This job requires an experienced manager who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. You will also be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best practices, tools and methodology towards standardization.
You will work very closely with our entire People & Finance leaders to understand business needs and design/implement solutions that help us reach functional and strategic goals. You will figure out how to get the most out of our existing systems (primarily Workday but other tools as well), identify gaps and ensure your solutions are fully adopted and effective. This role requires an ability to design technical solutions (coding ability a strong plus) but also speak plainly and in non-technical terms with business users. Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Applications, you must partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
- Lead large, global implementations of either new systems or new functionality within existing systems. Own the entire process from requirements gathering, documentation, testing strategy and execution, communication/change management, and ensure highest level of adoption as new system features or functional areas are rolled out.
- Provide functional and technical expertise for Workday, and any future People technology systems, including business process configuration, report development, integration design and configuration, and data management.
- Lead collaboration, cross functional teams to deliver high value People/Finance applications solutions including overall processes, architecture and integrations with other applications
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Continually improve our use of Workday including automating processes, identifying areas for improvement, and enabling the sales organization for hyper growth
- Vendor, platform and relationship ownership
- Work with internal business users to demonstrate the changes to the system and ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
- Oversee the life cycle of changes to business systems and processes, and prepare detailed status reports for executive management
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing Business systems
- Minimum 10+ years experience in Workday supporting an employee base of 2000+ users and growing.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on project requirements and lead operations support, by working with development, integration and admin team.
- Previous experience building teams and establishing agile development methodology
- Experience in supporting internal and external auditors with SOX ITGC, SOD
- Demonstrated team leadership, management and project implementation
- Experience in building strong working relationships with business partners, application users, project managers, internal IT team, external application consultants
- Experience with sensitive data and creating systems that meet the security and compliance needs that come with the management/ownership of sensitive data
- Highly organized, results-driven, with exceptional attention to detail with great end-to-end program management
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment
- Experienced in implementing and sustaining best of breed SaaS applications implementations in an enterprise environment
- Strong consultative and advisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experienced in working with both internal and system integrator teams for development
- Experience with Jira and Google Suite
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.