At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
Cloudflare is growing our People team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare and then helping them to do their best work. We are looking for an energetic and motivated People Operations Specialist who’s ready to help a rapidly growing organization scale with efficiency and operational excellence. Your immediate focus area is supporting the US People team and all of our US offices, while collaborating with other People team members globally. Maintaining our People data with quality, accuracy and confidentiality is foundational to everything we do to support the organization, and this role is at the heart of that.
Along the way you’ll have the opportunity to help with the implementation of automated solutions that transform how we manage our People data and programs. If this sounds exciting to you and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a growing, global company, we’d love to hear from you.
- Process US employee lifecycle transactions such as onboarding, transfers, organizational and compensation changes, and offboarding.
- Generate global employment contracts via templates and partner with subject matter experts to ensure all language and content in contracts is accurate and appropriate for the country and individual.
- Maintain people data across HR and internal systems and implement steps to ensure 100% data integrity.
- Respond to People team inquiries from employees, delivering exceptional customer service through our ticketing system, Zendesk.
- Create and manage employee files and HR records, ensure all necessary documentation is captured and held in the appropriate places.
- Help implement any necessary process changes and records administration to support compliance regulations.
- Assist with HR system implementations and vendor management for background checks and employment verifications
- Conduct regular and adhoc audits as necessary to support HR and cross-functional initiatives.
- Provide basic Workday reporting to teams across the organization
- Partner with outside legal immigration counsel and act as company contact and authorized representative for all US immigration matters
- 2+ years relevant experience managing People data required
- Highly detailed and process oriented
- Comfortable with large data sets and strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Strong customer focus
- Experience managing people data within core HR systems (Workday strongly preferred)
- Experience managing a ticketing system (Zendesk, Jira Service Desk strongly preferred)
- Adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.