At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
In this high visibility role, you will own the existing customer business and operational KPIs for your assigned region. This includes leading, hiring, mentoring and developing new team members in the EMEA region. Our team members and customers are highly technical, and solving complex challenges for our customers is a key focus area. This role carries the commercial responsibility of maintaining best in class retention and customer growth rates.
We believe that putting our people first, and fostering a creative, exciting, and stimulating environment is a prerequisite to achieving and surpassing our commercial goals and technical outcomes for customers.
This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of an expanding leadership team at Cloudflare in EMEA.
- Lead a team of Customer Success Professionals in one of our European offices, the team includes Customer Success Managers, Customer Solutions Engineers, and Technical Leads
- Deliver operational excellence and enhance processes to deliver on metrics established for the team (key metrics include Adoption, Expansion, Retention, CSAT/NPS, and Reference-ability, etc.)
- Work directly with customers in your region as an internal advocate, senior level sponsor, or escalation point
- Work closely with Account Team and Leadership Team to build and execute account plans
- Mentor and develop team members to meet their career goals
- Meet and exceed the team quota for retention and growth
- Track, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends as they relate to the global Customer Success strategy
- Develop hiring plan to support organizational goals
- Develop and implement best practices for identifying and mitigating risk in customer accounts
- Work with the Sales team to develop and run expansion campaigns for new services and solutions
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Network Infrastructure, Customer Support and other technical teams to advocate customer needs internally.
- Passion for people – developing, mentoring, training and upleveling skills
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Experience working with SaaS products
- Experience in the channel as well as direct go-to-market models
- 5+ years experience in account management including 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Cloudflare
- Possess top-notch organizational and analytical skills (particularly with Salesforce)
- Fluency in French and English
- Experience in a networking or security company strongly preferred
- Experience working with Gainsight would be preferable
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.