At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated GL Accountant to help support the General ledger team. This position is integral to building a world-class organization to support our growing and complex global business. This role requires a highly skilled and ambitious professional who can support various areas within the Accounting team. Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Assists in posting monthly accrual journal entries
- Assists in posting cash activity as needed
- Assists in recording and reconciling credit card activity
- Prepares various account reconciliations, schedules, exhibits and summaries to support the general ledger balances and investigate variances
- Participate in the interim and annual audits for the Company
- Support audits and external reporting requirements (year-end audit, interim audit, quarterly reviews, SOX, Internal Audit, SEC Reporting, etc.)
- Participant in various cross-functional projects and initiatives ranging in size and scope (i.e. system implementations, process changes, etc.)
- Drive continuous process improvement activities (enhanced process documentation, process enhancements, automation, cross training,, etc.)
- Provides support to all areas of the Accounting Department as needed
- Performs other analysis and special projects as assigned
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Systems savvy candidate required: should possess a solid understanding and application of finance and accounting systems (NetSuite or other accounting system etc).
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the Company.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet established timelines
- Excel skills including working knowledge of pivot tables, Vlookups, formulas, etc.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interact with peers and senior management.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.