At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
The Corporate Finance team is responsible for enterprise level planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and capital allocation. As a leader on this highly strategic & visible team this individual will drive partnership with Cloudflare’s G&A organizations, including People, Places, Legal, Finance, and IT. The ideal candidate possesses excellent analytical, critical reasoning, interpersonal, communication, influencing and leadership skills and is passionate about both problem solving as well as building high quality repeatable processes that scale with our rapid growth.
What You'll Do
- Act as the lead finance partner to the G&A organizations and provide financial leadership to shape overall strategy and drive alignment with the company’s strategic priorities
- Develop, deliver, and maintain insightful reporting for senior leadership to enable optimal financial management of their area of the business
- Own the annual planning and forecasting processes for G&A functions, including thoughtful analysis and evaluation of forward looking drivers and operational efficiencies
- Partner with the Total Rewards leaders to model, forecast, and analyze global benefits, corporate bonus program, merit, and any new Total Rewards initiatives
- Partner with Recruiting leaders on company-wide hiring forecast and the recruiting capacity model, including driving cross-functional effort to align the global hiring plan to capacity
- Initiate and implement process improvements that enable collaboration, productivity and transparency between Finance and key business partners
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of progressive FP&A experience
- Experience supporting major cost areas and/or functions
- Track record of performance in a high growth, dynamic environment. Bias toward action with strong analytical skills and solid business judgement
- Intellectually curious with problem solving orientation. Not satisfied with easy or convenient answers
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and executives. Seen as a trusted and objective advisor
- Experience aligning cross-functional stakeholders with demonstrated aptitude in working effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas
- Player/coach with ability to both lead and execute. Willingness to play “up and down the stack” diving into the details as well as managing Executive level communications
- Expert communication and presentation skills with the ability and confidence to articulate, present and debate your recommendations
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple work streams for different stakeholders
- Proficiency with Enterprise Financial Planning Tools & Systems; experience with Anaplan, Netsuite, Salesforce, Workday a plus
*Will consider candidates for Manager and Senior Manager levels depending on experience.
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $145,000 – $177,000.
- For New York City-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $165,000 – $201,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.