At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
This is a great opportunity to be an early member of a high performing sales team at a hyper-growth technology company. We are looking for ownership-oriented team members with excellent communication skills and technical curiosity as well as energy and enthusiasm. The Expansion PAYGO BDR Team Lead role will:
- Create excellent customer experiences
- Learn customer-centric sales skills
- Become an expert in Cloudflare’s products
- Help find solutions for customers needs
- Mentor and develop fellow BDRs on their career aspirations
What you'll do
As a Team Lead for the PAYGO Expansion team, you’ll split your time as an individual contributor to develop new business opportunities from our PAYGO customer base and marketing-generated leads as well as strategic outreach, while identifying target accounts for various sales campaigns. The other part of your role is to be a coach and mentor to the BDR’s on your team. Success in this role will be measured by meeting target quotas related to the number of qualified opportunities, the value of the sales pipeline, and closed business. As well as your overall team performance against their combined goals. You’ll report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com while also playing an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes.
- Provide ongoing support for the BDR team- including coaching & training
- Develop the sales, product and industry skills of each team member
- Ensure BDR team are leveraging tools and resources available to them while focusing on driving operational efficiency
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs, lead pipeline, conversation of qualified opportunities and overall effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales Ops and other internal teams to generate pipeline
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with BDRs to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for the improvement of the team’s prospecting and activity performance.
- Help create and lead training for BDRs on all areas of the prospecting process
- Serve as a role model in the BDR org to uphold and implement the policies, procedures and values of the Cloudflare team
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or previous relevant experience as a BDR required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- You’re ready for on-call coaching with BDR’s to better their qualification, account approach, prospecting, and discovery efforts
- You’re quick to pick up the phone and make calls with your team to help them learn through example
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.