Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Patreon, Binance, SHEIN, Grab, Henkel, Wise, Sony Electronics and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it’s not just what we build that makes us different. It’s how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Our HR generalists span across partnering and operations, acting as the advisors to the business and the People team on the market(s) they oversee.
HR Advisors combine credible activism, culture and change stewardship and our role as organisational developers to build and strengthen Checkout.com’s colleague experience across the globe.
As a HR Specialist you will share responsibility for the health, compliance and engagement for the region and/or markets that you are responsible for. You will build, optimise and iterate on the core components across the employee lifecycle. As a guardian of local communication and culture, you will provide critical cut through for CKO’s People Strategy and act as a key conduit to see that our department results land with success.
You will have good working knowledge for your market(s), including the basics around employment law and best employment practices, as well as experience of and/or capability as a partner to drive value across the talent agenda regionally. You will have had exposure to matrixed organisations, scale-up ecosystems where there are foundations to lay and, most importantly, have a flexible mindset across all strategic, tactical and operational aspects of HR.
What you will be doing
· People Team – developing to become a subject matter expert for KSA employment law and customs for the HR team.
· Law – Stay current with employment legislation and support developing People policies and processes to meet employment law regulations and requirements
· Employee lifecycle – Support and drive management processes such as joiners, leavers, absences, personal data changes, and job changes
· Support global People programs and processes, such as regular employee engagement surveys, performance cycles, and compensation cycles
· Culture champion – Foster an inclusive culture in harmony with our values and be the central point of contact for all cultural activities
· Benefits – Manage the development and implementation of benefit programs locally, understanding how to drive an attractive and competitive offering and working closely with the Global People Operations team for parity
· Employee Relations – build on a solid foundational knowledge of local ER issues, seeking simplicity in complexity and developing the organisation’s zero tolerance policy to misconduct and poor performance.
· Employee Engagement – support with the running of quarterly and bi-annual engagement reporting. Staying close to sensitive hotspots and support with action planning through workshops and facilitation with local teams as required.
· Collaborate on general projects across KSA and the MENA region
· Drive the KSA office set-up and expansion in partnership with the Country Manager and Workplace Experience team
· Track the office requirements updates from the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development & Saudi Central Bank
· Collaborate with the Global Workplace Experience team, to ensure that the KSA office remain safe and comfortable at all times
· Manage office supplies, vendors, catering, courier logistics, meeting room bookings and other operational tasks
· Budget management
· Experience of being part of and managing transformational and organisational change
· Familiarity with employee relations KSA and an educator of regional culture
· Experience delivering multiple change projects simultaneously
· Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders up to senior levels
· Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to flex and adapt and resilient through periods of change
· Not afraid to challenge; ensuring the right decisions are made for our people and our business.