The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software – the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
At Celonis, we believe that every company can unlock their full execution capacity – and for that we need you as a Senior Corporate Counsel, Compliance & Data Privacy.
We are hiring a Senior Corporate Counsel, Compliance & Data Privacy to support our organization. This attorney will partner across our global organization to help develop, enhance and scale the global Ethics and Compliance and Privacy programs. This will include providing strategic legal advice to the senior leaders across Celonis. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented legal support throughout the company globally; will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team focused.
- Provide legal advice on privacy and information security matters to other Legal Department team members and cross-functional teams such as InfoSec, procurement, product, and engineering teams
- Work with the Data Protection team to draft and implement internal and external privacy policies, notices and disclosures.
- Manage/update policies and procedures to comply with applicable jurisdictional laws, regulations and best practices globally on compliances issues such as anti-corruption, anti-bribery, export control compliance and conflicts of interest
- Provide legal advice with respect to handling general compliance, privacy and security-related customer and regulatory inquiries and investigations
- Work closely with the Data Protection and InfoSec teams to scope and perform periodic data privacy risk assessments, mitigation and remediation as well as the mitigation of privacy and security risks.
- Monitor and analyze relevant privacy and information security laws and regulations, as well as technological developments, threat vectors, and evolving industry standards, to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Keep up-to-date on best practices for compliance and ethics programs and help implement improvements
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of the compliance programs
- Develop and provide training on compliance issues including data privacy.
- Participate in compliance risk assessments and audits, and assist with developing and implementing risk mitigation plans
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one state bar
- 6+ years of compliance and data privacy experience in law firm and in-house legal departments
- Experience providing pragmatic and actionable advice to multinational technology companies on various legal risks and obligations under privacy and data security laws in the U.S (including California), Canada and Europe (with APAC privacy and data security laws a plus)
- Strong experience creating and scaling compliance and data privacy processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
- Experience advising on privacy and data security in commercial transactions
- Excellent communication and writing skills and experience working with executives
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- …Celonis is growing fast, and we’re scaling our legal team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, are creative thinkers and passionate about what they do.
- … see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- … are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining – the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- … distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.