We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity – and for that, we need you to join us as a Payroll Manager.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Payroll Manager to undertake all aspects of payroll and related accounting for our North America region end-to-end, ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll, operate as a subject matter expert in maintaining market knowledge in payroll best practices and payroll compliance, designing and implementing process such as hire-to-retire, payroll controls, benefits and 401(k) setups and reconciliations, perform duties which require an understanding of the company’s payroll policies and procedures and collaborate with the Team on cross-functional projects.
- Manage the calculation and disbursement of US payrolls, including benefits, taxes, 401(k) plan management, incentives/bonuses as well as any other related compensation adjustments, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local/county regulations
- Establish a process for monthly and transactional control reviews to ensure compliance with established department internal controls.
- Point of contact for the entire North America region to all payroll related questions.
- Manage and audit W-2s and yearly administration of payroll in preparation of the following calendar year
- Maintain communication with payroll service providers regarding software updates and new products available to be able to initiate the use of new features
- Work closely with the Benefits Manager and Payroll Manager, as well as other stakeholders to ensure that Benefit and Payroll changes are processed and completed in a timely manner, including new hires/terminations and to consolidate payroll into company-wide processes.
- Perform payroll controls and analytical analysis to increase data visibility and accuracy (such as $ and HC fluctuation analysis period over period, comparisons of payroll to company’s records per HR system cost by departments, growth analysis etc.)
- Perform audits on data and system maintenance, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, etc.
- Perform end of month reconciliation of payroll expenses and accruals to supporting schedules
- Maintain and establish pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists and process and other procedural documentation.
- Lead new system implementations (expenses, timekeeping), integrations to our accounting software and automation of processes.
- Record journal entries related to payroll expenses including month end accruals.
- Perform other duties and payroll related project as assigned
- At least 10 years of payroll experience and 3 years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of payroll reporting requirements as it relates to equity transactions, fringe benefits, tax filings and best practices
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Familiarity with payroll federal and state laws
- Excellent judgment with ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Able to prioritize in a fast-moving, high pressure, dynamic environment, high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of the accounting around payroll related transactions and accruals
- CPP certification an advantage
- Prior experience with ADP WorkforceNow and Workday a plus
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, retirement plans, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, flexible working hours, virtual events, and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.