The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Public Markets Delivery Team comprehensively supports our clients in managing their equity through the exciting transition of taking their company public, and beyond. Our core functions include seamlessly onboarding clients to our software, supporting clients ongoing use of Carta equity management tools, building and maintaining client relationships, and supporting participant use of Carta brokerage services. This position is specifically focused on providing best in class customer service to participants of public market, pre-IPO, and late stage private segments.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The Public Stock Plan Support Analyst is responsible for providing best-in-class customer service to a wide range of participants, from accredited investors to first-time market participants. They use their knowledge of the stock plan services industry and public markets to provide timely and accurate front-line support for all public customers via phone and email.
- Act as a subject matter expert in Carta applications for public companies
- Provide participants efficient assistance with account maintenance, understanding their employee benefits, triaging payment issues and statuses, and helping individuals comprehensively navigate their Carta account
- Field inbound participant requests via phone and email and provide accurate information resulting in excellent customer experience
- Work closely with other departments to understand unique aspects of each equity plan and maintain the highest level of compliance and customer service in all interactions
- Accurately document customer interactions within our ticketing system and utilize data and trends to provide product and process feedback and improvement suggestions
- Utilize patterns and trends in incoming tickets to flag issues and present potential solutions to the rest of the team
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the Carta R&D teams
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team and company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, documentation, and collaboration
- Identify and own additional projects to drive personal and team efficiently and effectiveness as well as product enhancements
- Assist C-suite executives with navigation of Carta, establishing 10b5-1 trading plans, and completing 144 forms
- Maintain excellent customer feedback scores, productivity metrics, and availability to field incoming phone calls
- Strong understanding of finance, equity, and related field experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Brokerage or transfer agent experience is a plus
- Experience assisting participants with 144 filings and 10b5-1 transactions
- Strong knowledge of employee equity plan basics and award types, including RSUs, RSAs, ISO and NSO stock options, SARS, and ESPP
- Strong understanding of tax implications of equity based compensation
- FINRA series 7 and 63 licenses preferred or must be obtained within 120 days
- Subject matter expertise with Carta applications required within 120 days
- Certified Equity Professional certification or knowledge equivalent preferred
- Experience with stock plan administration executive services
- Desire to learn and become an expert in equity plans and public markets
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.