The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
The GTM Strategy & Operations team partners with Sales & Marketing leaders to drive Carta’s revenue strategy and best-in class execution.
The team's mandate is to help drive revenue and optimize efficiency across the revenue customer lifecycle. The team owns end-to-end GTM strategy and execution, as well as the planning, reporting and operational foundation, for Carta to continuously scale and grow.
In this vital GTM role, you’ll own and optimize various areas under sales strategy and operations umbrella. You will work closely with our CRO, GTM Leadership, Business Systems (IT), Data (Eng), Finance, and HR to define, build, and scale a world class GTM strategy and operations foundation.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Own and drive various Sales Strategy and Operations activities including operating cadence, annual/quarterly planning and executive reporting
- Partner directly with the GTM leadership on strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity, and operational efficiency
- Structure and evaluate business problems, design and implement actionable recommendations, and track success metrics
- Lead executive analyses, strategies, and deliverables (e.g., board materials, QBR)
- Partner with Finance, Sales Operations and Data engineering teams on GTM tools, process and policies, coverage model/territory planning, sales data & reporting, field operations, business planning, and deal/order operations
- Drive ambitious goals to develop new data/reporting/systems architecture, automations, integrations, and best practices that will create a step change in our sales productivity
- Champion, exemplify, and embed Carta’s operating principles (we act as owners, solve problems, bias to action, seek to simplify) as we scale
- 4+ years experience in sales strategy and operations, business operations, consulting, investment banking, corporate finance or related fields; with progressively increasing responsibility, complexity, and scale of work. Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, or related fields. MBA, Fintech/SaaS experience a plus
- Advanced analytical/quantitative skills including financial modeling (GSheet), summarizing (pivot tables, charts, slides, written explanation), reporting (dashboards, repositories, Tableau/Looker)
- Strategic, structured thinker. Strong analytical skills and business acumen. Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and bias to action and process improvements
- Demonstrable experience in using data-driven insights to improve sales productivity and performance, including owning the analysis, defining objectives, and problem solving cross-functionally to achieve short and long term results
- Results driven self starter with the ability to multitask. Skilled at analyzing, prioritizing, and solving complex problems effectively and consistently
- You are effective and adaptable in an unstructured, ambiguous environment requiring new perspectives, creative approaches, and competing deadlines
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to communicate the right level of information to executives and cross-functional teams at the right cadence. Ability to communicate data into meaningful insight
- You love partnering. You get that organizations are made up of very different parts. You influence others and co-pilot cross-team initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias toward action
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.