The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're looking for a talented Sales Leader to join our Established Manager – Investor Services Sales team.
Our established customers are venture funds that are either forming or have already formed their second fund or later. They have a proven track record of investing and have a very specific set of needs and problems we need to solve.
Your ultimate north star will be to hit your team’s ARR goal. Our AE’s typically split their focus 50/50 on inbound Vs outbound. You’ll need experience using data to inform outbound sales motion approaches, confidence in managing a sales cycle, and be a natural teacher, who is able to equip reps with the skills and expertise to succeed. You’ll put client experience at the forefront of all you do – a key component of Carta’s Investor Services team.
You’ll already have a deep understanding of the Venture landscape and passion for helping venture funds succeed. You’ll work closely with sales leadership, SOPs, strategy and marketing to help build a meaningful outbound sales strategy.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Empower, inspire and motivate employees on a daily basis to create a world class customer experience and represent Carta in the marketplace
- Foster a culture of training and coaching in order to ramp new reps and continue building their sales acumen as well as Carta value knowledge
- Reinforce inputs and activity metrics that enable reps to successfully hit and exceed quota
- Strategize with sales, channel and marketing counterparts on pipeline and prospecting initiatives to meet company goals
- Partner with recruiting to continually build a bench of strong talent for the sales org
- Work cross-functionally with sales enablement to develop, implement, and refine new hire onboarding and improve ramp time
- Lead from the front: Participate in dial blitzes and spear-head email/content generation sessions
- Strong knowledge of the Venture and private markets landscape and how to speak to this market.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals as a hunter and closer as an individual contributor and manager
- Experience successfully managing teams that work in high volume sales cycles
- Proven track record in leading a team running deal cycles that are 3-6 months
- Excellent communication, teamwork and people management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Embrace a growth mind-set and appreciate looking at problems from different perspectives
- Proficient working with Salesforce.com and Marketing Automation platforms
- 5+ years hiring and managing high performing sales teams.
- Experience selling products/services to the Venture market.
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.