The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the public markets team within our Corporations Business Unit. We provide Equity Plan Management for Public companies. As of today, we manage more than $1 trillion of equity.
The Public Markets team is a collaborative and passionate group of professionals that includes product managers, engineers, designers, customer support and sales. We’re united by a common mission to create more owners and simplify equity management. We place a high premium on experimentation and validated learning and we focus on being values and mission-driven, not didactic or prescriptive.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As private companies grow and mature they may choose to raise capital via an initial public offering (IPO). “Going public” is one of the most important events in the life of a private company. The Public Markets team builds software products that help our customers navigate the transition to a public company and manage their equity plans when they are public. In this role, you will:
- Lead the product development for key public markets plan and trading features
- Manage the development of reliable and scalable services that enable our customers to trade stocks publicly, calculate accurate taxes and setup automated pre-programmed execution of trades
- Tackle the challenges that come with building highly responsive, reliable, and accurate products that can handle large amounts of data in real time
- Design, build and interact with a large variety of internal (e.g. permissioning) and external APIs (e.g. market data) in a services-based ecosystem to solve problems from end-to-end
The Impact You’ll Have
You will drive solutions for clients as they transition from private to public:
- Create and execute on a strategy for the improvement of public markets plan management for Carta’s clients
- Build functionality to facilitate the our clients’ transition from private to public
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to gather business requirements and communicate feature releases
- Apply a data-driven approach to developing innovative, industry-leading products that help Carta’s clients manage public trading and plan management
- Build solutions for complex compliance problems related to the management and transaction of public market securities
- You have a passion for problem solving and can drive creative solutions in a sometimes rigid compliance context.
- You showcase empathetic solutions to problems, with exemplary skills in divergent thinking, idea synthesis, and execution.
- You have a deep understanding of how to sequence and build products to continually deliver customer value and assess product impact.
- You build measurable outcomes including the ability to conduct both generative and evaluative user research.
- You work well with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- You can tell a clear and compelling story to leaders and champion your ideas.
- You are curious, inquisitive, and learn quickly.