The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be responsible for the roadmap for Carta’s new equity advice offering, a company benefit that helps employees understand their equity, plan exercises in tax-advantaged ways, and connect one-on-one with professionals. Questions about exercise costs and taxes often hold employees back from taking action on their equity, so this product plays a key role in achieving Carta’s mission of creating more owners. This is one of Carta’s new personal finance products designed to help our employee user base of 1M+ maximize their wealth through ownership. (Read more about our personal finance products from CEO Henry Ward here.)
You’ll collaborate with teams across the organization, including those responsible for Carta’s flagship cap table product, our corporate strategy team, and our new tax advisory group. This is a high-visibility, B2B2C role for product leaders who have a passion for finding new ways to solve user problems, combining technology and data with high-touch, white-glove services.
The Problems You’ll Solve
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who can define great user experiences, collaborate on business strategy, and use insights to drive decisions. You’ll be responsible for a roadmap that helps us develop an online advisory experience that incorporates data, calculators, and more, and highlights the expertise of our growing tax advisory team.
- Prioritize high-impact problems and hypotheses related to equity education and advice
- Develop a vision for how we can use technology to help employees make more informed decisions about their equity
- Understand the employer use case behind the consumer offering, and prioritize tools and features accordingly
- Communicate a compelling roadmap that reflects your vision, the priorities of the business, and user value
- Set objectives and success metrics that connect user and business impact
- Partner with your engineering and design counterparts to outline strategies for both mobile and web
- Manage multiple stakeholders across all areas of the business to gather expertise and get buy-in
- Use data to measure success, gain insight, and iterate on your product
We are looking for a product leader who can drive strategy, prioritization, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems and have a desire to impact the financial future of employees around the world, we’d love to talk with you.
- You have at least 6-8 years of product management experience in a consumer-focused role
- You’re interested in fintech; experience in financial advisory products a plus
- You’re well-versed in user research and experimentation best practices
- You have a bias to action and the ability to ship products quickly through prioritization and trade-offs
- You are able to balance uncertainty with vision, creating long-term plans while understanding when they need to change
- You have both high IQ and EQ and are able to solve a wide variety of problems from user issues and data problems to team collaboration and dependency management
- You enjoy working with a fast paced, passionate product development team
- You’re curious and always want to go deeper, becoming an expert in each domain you touch