The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is seeking a flexible and strategic HR leader to lead one of our Business Partner teams. Our Business Partners advocate for our employees, act as internal HR consultants and coaches, develop and execute HR strategies, and build programs that drive organizational and people effectiveness.
Your primary focus will be helping the team execute our people initiatives through partnering with a set of Executives, providing great internal customer support with a goal of helping us evolve our people strategy.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Partner with the business and your team to roll out key People initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
- Grow your Business Partner team to scale with Carta
- Provide professional counsel to the business and help set the People priorities
- Drive our People strategy to meet business objectives
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers, re-leveling, benchmarking, etc
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Act as an employee champion and change agent, proactively communicating needs with our HR department and business management
- Successfully influence others by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organization
- Mentor and coach our managers and your team to be world class
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of daily operational HR needs when needed
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and the Executive leaders with which you are partnered
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- Experience partnering directly with Executives
- 10+ years of HRBP experience preferred
- 2+ years of people leadership experience preferred
- Successfully coached and influenced individual contributors and managers
- Outstanding people skills – high degree of empathy and a great communicator (both written and verbally)
- Great organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to complete competing priorities quickly
- Ability to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization
- Must maintain confidentiality and use outstanding judgment on a daily basis
- A passion for understanding the business goals, finding solutions, and improving processes
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.