The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Manager, Equity Financing Solutions will sit within Carta’s Personal Financial Solutions team, a team recently created to deliver innovative financial solutions for the 1.5M stakeholders on the Carta platform. You will manage the end-to-end deal process for companies that are considering Carta’s Stock Based Financing product. Responsibilities include identifying current customers that may be a good fit for this product, presenting the financing offering to interested companies, working with our capital partners to structure and execute transactions, and serving as a thought partner to executives (e.g., CFOs, GCs, CPeO, etc.) as they think through offering this product to their employees. You can learn more about this offering here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Manage the end-to-end process for companies that are considering a stock based financing solution
- Serve as the key point of contact within Carta for key executives involved in the stock based financing sales process, including CFOs, General Counsels, CPeOs, and Equity Administrators
- Drive the preparation, review, and delivery of materials and analyses for senior executives as part of the sales process
- Originate, advise on, and negotiate structured solutions for interested Carta customers together with our capital partners
- Partner with CSMs and Account Executives to foster and build existing relationships with Carta's enterprise customers to offer various financing solutions
- 4-7 years of experience in financial services or technology, working directly with either financial institutions or enterprise technology customers
- Prior client facing or relationship management experience is required, ideally in a capital markets or sales role at a bank
- Working knowledge of the venture capital space, including how private companies operate, how they facilitate liquidity, and the touchpoints a CFO may have within capital markets as a company grows
- Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes
- Empathy for the overall client experience