The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is seeking a flexible and strategic HR professional who will act as a consultant to the R&D leadership team, develop and execute HR strategies, be an advocate for our employees, and build programs that drive organizational and people effectiveness.
The HRBP role at Carta builds strong partnerships with the business, consistently seeks opportunities to problem solve, and provides strategic and operational support to the leaders and functions you support. Your primary focus will be executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and working with business leaders to establish, drive, and constantly evolve a people strategy that is connected with the rest of Carta, while uniquely ‘fit for purpose’ locally.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Provide professional counsel (not HR best practices for HR sake) to the business and help set the People priorities
- Drive our People strategy to meet business objectives
- Partner with the business to roll out key People initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers, re-leveling, benchmarking, etc
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Act as an employee champion and change agent, proactively communicating needs with our HR department and business management
- Successfully influence others by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organization
- Mentor and coach our managers to be world class
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of daily operational HR needs
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and leadership team
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- 4+ years of HRBP experience
- Successfully coached and influenced individual contributors and managers in a prior role
- Outstanding people skills – high degree of empathy and a great communicator (both written and verbally)
- Great organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to complete competing priorities quickly
- Ability to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization
- Must maintain confidentiality and use outstanding judgement on a daily basis
- A passion for understanding the business goals, finding solutions, and improving processes